I have been a diabetic for over 12 years now but have never really altered my life the way I should. I am starting this blog as a way to try and hold myself accountable. I know that this blog may not be of any interest to the majority but if you should take the time to read it please leave a comment with an encouraging word or a kick up the bum depending on the need at the time.



Thanks



Wednesday 2 November 2011

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Well it's been quite a while since my last update but I am pleased to say this is a positive post for a change.

I have now started on my new medication and can definitely see a change in my eating habits.  I am not hungry all the time and have virtually stopped snacking between meals which is not like me.  The most amazing thing happened yesterday, I opened a packet of biscuits and ate one biscuit!  I know this probably sounds ridiculous but normally I would eat half if not the entire packet!!

I've been testing my blood a lot more at least three times a day although mainly before lunch time so I just need to start testing in the afternoons and evenings as well.  Best of all when I am testing all of my readings have been below 10mmol/l which is a great improvement for me.

Will have to see if the success continues but keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Joysze said...

I'm happy to hear that the new meds are working well, Nic. Good luck with it and I hope this is only the beginning of good things to come. :)