I have been a diabetic for over 12 years now but have never really altered my life the way I should. I am starting this blog as a way to try and hold myself accountable. I know that this blog may not be of any interest to the majority but if you should take the time to read it please leave a comment with an encouraging word or a kick up the bum depending on the need at the time.



Thanks



Thursday 12 May 2011

Wednesday 12th May 2011

The last time I posted my goal was to test my blood sugars at least once a day and I'm happy to say that I managed to do this.  The ideal would be that if I am only going to test once a day I do it at different times of the day so that I get a better picture of what my sugars are doing during the day.  But I thought to try and get myself into a "habit" it would be easier to test at the same time everyday so I chose first thing in the morning.  I am going to set up a different page and post my blood sugars on there so if you are interested you can look at them but if you're not you don't have to look at the boring figures!!

Today has not been a good day foodwise.  I am feeling extremely nervous and stressed at the moment.  Next week I am going on a course for work, the course is taking place at a hospital near Liverpool and will mean getting two trains and a bus.  It probably sounds silly but even though I've already been and checked out where I get the train to and how I get to the hospital I am really nervous about making this journey.  Will I fall asleep on the train and miss my stop, how will I know which is the station I need to get off at, will the course finish in time for me to get the train home or will I have to wait an extra hour in the station etc etc.

Basically the next seven weeks are going to be difficult.  I do two weeks of course (full five days - no Wednesday off for me!) then I have a week off, another week of course, a week in work, a week on holiday and then in the last week another three days of course.  I know that by keep thinking about the 7 weeks in total I am going to overwhelm myself so I am trying to think of it in smaller bite size pieces.  So to start with it's just the first 5 days I have to get through.

So because my stress levels are high I've been turning to food.  Honestly it could have been a lot worse today but I am a bit disappointed in myself now.

So my next goal is to carry on testing my blood sugars at least once a day and try and replace at least one unhealthy snack a day with a piece of fruit.  Still starting small and building up.

No comments: