I have been a diabetic for over 12 years now but have never really altered my life the way I should. I am starting this blog as a way to try and hold myself accountable. I know that this blog may not be of any interest to the majority but if you should take the time to read it please leave a comment with an encouraging word or a kick up the bum depending on the need at the time.



Thanks



Friday 5 August 2011

Friday 5th August 2011

Blood sugar first thing was 9.3 but two hours after breakfast had dropped to 7.5.  I'm really pleased at the moment with my post-breakfast blood sugars as they are either less than the first thing in the morning or near to a normal reading.  In the past I would have normal blood sugars before breakfast but then two hours later they would be in the high teens.  I'm not sure what if anything I'm doing differently but I feel it's progress.

My insulin pump ran out at about 1pm at work today and I changed it straight away.

I didn't make it to Slimming World last night and this week I think we have had some sort of takeaway every day. I think it might be the heat but I have just had no energy to do anything when I get home.

So I'm going back to setting myself some goals so here is what I'm going to attempt this week:-

  1. Test blood sugars at least once a day every day (try to test at different times of day to get a better idea of what's going on)
  2. No takeaway
  3. Go to Slimming World on Thursday

1 comment:

Kykaree said...

Fantastic stuff. little steps and you will get there!